Website Millers Vanguard
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £27,072 p.a – £30,940 p.a + Overtime paid at time and a half
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm
Location: Equipment Factory – Mossfield Mill, Bury
Due to continued business growth and customer demand, we are seeking to add to our established teams of Engineers.
Operating from our award winning reuse centre here in Bury, Lancashire.
- Reworking of Electromechanical Devices (electrical experience advantageous but not essential)
- Reworking devices for recognised National retailers
- Working within an established team
Who are we?
Miller’s Vanguard are proud to have been supporting all the UK’s Supermarket chains for over 40 years, in brief, we are the people in the background ensuring that supermarkets keep the Nation fed! Maintaining a wide and varied range of assets from food production equipment through to loading bay lifts.
Our service are as follows: –
- Nationwide reactive maintenance
- Hygienic Deep cleaning & Planned maintenance services
- Refurbishment, logistics and installation of equipment
We do all of this with the firm foundations of being owned by the global Ali Group, whose turnover is in excess of £4 billion p.a.
Despite being a large operation here at Miller’s Vanguard we still firmly believe in running the business like we have done for the last 40 years, by valuing our biggest asset we have YOU…the employee.
Our team of over 500 employees have the advantage of working in state-of-the-art working environments: –
- New (2021) Technical response centre
- Award Winning research, Innovation, and recycling facility
- Industry leading Mercedes Benz fleet
We believe in providing you with the very best environment and tools to do the job.
Training is also a huge part of our culture here at Miller’s Vanguard and our City and Guilds accredited training centre is where we coach and develop our employees regardless of your position or your length of service, we want to make sure that our staff can progress and keep pace with ever changing equipment technologies.
- Mechanical Engineering Qualifications of NVQ Level 2 or above (Electrical/Mechanical engineering or similar experience highly desirable)
- Experience working with varied bean to cup coffee machines is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided on site
- Experience of reworking mechanical devices
- Carry out tasks in a timely manner
- Attention to detail
Why Join Us
- Training in our City & Guilds accredited academy
- Job Specific Uniform & tooling for all roles
- Company wide fun days and charity events
- Company Pension
- Incremental holiday allowance (up to 32 days per year)
- Regular staff ‘treats’ for employees and their families