Website Millers Vanguard
Job Role: Warehouse Operative
Salary: £20,000 – £21,000 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm
Location: Equipment Factory, Mossfield Mill
Miller’s Vanguard are the UK’s premier service maintenance and equipment supply company within the foodservice industry.
We are a ‘Family style’ run business, maintaining and repairing foodservice equipment for many of the UK’s leading retail chains, giving us unrivalled industry expertise earned over 40 years of experience.
Our Parts Distribution and Warehousing function services our key departments at Miller’s Vanguard. From procurement to parts warehousing this enables our Field Engineers instant access to our global supply chain inventory.
We have an opportunity for a Warehouse Operative to join our Warehousing team and being part of our Parts Distribution department working alongside our enthusiastic operatives.
As a Warehouse Operative you will work within our impressive 90,000 square ft Equipment Factory providing an efﬁcient service to prevent delays in equipment supply and to dispatch loan equipment immediately to support our front-line ﬁeld service engineers when a device cannot be repaired on site.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records, reports and data.
- To audit and Investigate stock discrepancies.
- To assist in stock takes
- To cover ad hoc duties and reasonable requests.
- Picking, packing parts and equipment.
- Receiving deliveries from couriers
- Loading and unloading vehicles of all types and sizes
- Checking and carrying out routine service requirements to FLTs (battery water etc.) (FLT Drivers only)
- Handling and working with chemicals.
- Compactor use
Our Ideal Candidate
- Counterbalance (Desirable)
- Good Computer and Database Skills
- Good understanding of parts, parts diagrams and manuals.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
Why Join Us?
We value or employees here at Miler’s Vanguard, so in return for your hard work we offer a number of beneﬁts;
- Joining an established well-known company
- 29 Days Holidays (Including bank holidays – Increasing by 1 each year to a maximum of 32)
- Supplied with a full smart uniform
- Opportunity to participate in charity events
- Long service awards
- Company Pension
At Miller’s Vanguard we like to invest in our employees to further progress skills and to offer continuous professional development. This is all carried out through personalised training programmes in our bespoke City & Guilds Approved Training Academy in Bury, Lancashire.